Sunday, February 22, 2015

Green Chile Enchiladas

When I had a baby, a friend brought me these Enchiladas. They were wonderful.. she sent me the recipe. I have made it two or three times, but have yet to take a picture. I plan to next time! Once I do, I will change the picture.. but until then, there is the picture of the sauce to look for!

Green Chile Enchiladas:

2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I make mine in the crockpot with chicken broth and 1/2 packet of taco seasoning)

1 large can Las Palmas Green Enchilada Sauce (I usually buy medium)
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 minced garlic cloves

1/3 cup softened cream cheese (I use Philadelphia low fat cream cheese and chive spread)
corn tortillas
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I use 2%)

Preheat oven to 425.

Combine the enchilada sauce, onion, cilantro and garlic in a food processor; blend until smooth. 
In a separate bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese and ½ cup of sauce mixture. 
Warm tortilla in a frying pan.
Spoon about ¼ cup of chicken mixture down center of tortilla; roll up.
Place tortilla, seam-side down, in an 9x11 inch-baking dish coated with cooking spray. 
Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture. 
Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas; sprinkle evenly with shredded cheddar cheese. 
Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes or until heated through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment