Sunday, February 22, 2015

Coupons, Meal Planning, and Groceries

I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out different ways to meal plan. I have used Sticky Notes, I have used biweekly plans, you name it.. I have at least read about it. I have finally gotten into a routine where I go to the grocery store, buy what is on sale and adjust accordingly. So, I put a meal plan together after I go to the store. I read some article about how if you go to the grocery store with a list, you can spend more money because you aren't basing it on the current sales. So, I have a general rule of thumb list, coupons, and seem to be spending less than I usually do.

Generally, my list consist of:

Eggs
Milk
Cheese
Chips
Hot Sauce
Cereal
Bread
Fruits
Veggies
Any Household Items I add to my List
1-2 Pound of 4 different kinds of meat.. Shrimp, Fish, Chicken, Beef, Lamb, Pork*

*We don't eat Pork, so you won't find any recipes on this website with it.

With Coupons, I ordered a weekly subscription of the newspaper and cut coupons weekly. I actually cut every single coupon out, and mail them to a friend if I don't use. You can also mail them to the Military. I only keep the ones that I would legitimately buy without a coupon. Sometimes I buy frozen items, just to help myself out on those busy days.  I actually make a list of the coupons I am going to use and paperclip them to my list.

I am going to start posting my weekly meal plans.. and recipe links!


No comments:

Post a Comment